Cricket storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
I am soon getting a plastic storage bin to hold lots of crickets compare to right now where I'm holding 25 to a critter keeper. Should I get a transparent or opaque bin? If I get a dark bin will less crickets hide on the paper towel rolls and drink holders?

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
I have about 250 crickets in a giant clear Rubbermaid bin and this has worked out really well for me long-term. I initially used egg flats but have since found that long paper towel rolls work even better for hiding and crawling. It makes keeping the bin cleaner much easier because you can just tilt a tube vertically and all the grass falls out (and then you just shake the tubes until the desired amount of crickets fall out. I know with a lot of roaches an opaque bin is ideal, but with crickets as long as you provide dark places they can crawl into (like paper towel rolls) they’ll thrive.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ah, thanks for that reply. Now I won't be so skeptical of buying a clear tub instead of a dark one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom