Question about dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy123

So I just had to clean the dead crickets out of the enclosure I keep them in and that was the last straw. I hate crickets. I have a baby beardie, can he still eat dubias? And what do I do with them when they get too big for him to eat? Also how do I convince my mom to let me have a colony lol

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Ass for the colony, there are ways you can attempt at persuading your family(like writing out a persuasion essay about Dubia or by asking your exotic vet if they're better than crickets while in front of one of your parents). But, usually they won't budge(I know what it's like, I'm forced to use crickets myself). He can eat Dubias if its size doesn't exceed the width between the eyes(though I've given slightly larger before with no bad results). If the nymphs grow too big, leave them. Maybe feed them until they're grown up and use them for breeding.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. They are a good feeder and much easier to care for. The ones that get too large can just be left alone to breed and live out their lives. Adult dragons can eat adult dubias easily though. Here is some general info about their care which may be helpful to you https://www.southtexasdragons.com/dubia-roaches.html They really don't take much to care for and are pretty tough, especially compared to crickets. I just give them some heat and offer fresh food (mostly vegetable scraps but occasional orange slices, banana, or bread) and they do really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom