BSF lavae escape proof feeding dish ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Been placing some BSF lavae in the little "supposedly excape proof" feeding dish in Fluffy's 100L tub overnight and during the day, noticed that there were some BSF lavae roaming about in the tub, so much for being excape proof.

The dish I am using is the Exo Terra PT2816 Worm Dish (designed for mealworms) , some of the mealworms are getting out too....

Have some Fluon stashed somewhere, but not sure if it's going to work with BSF lavae.

What do you guys use to when placing BSF lavae in your tanks with your hatchlings , how do you treat the surface of the feeding dish you use to keep the BSF lavae in the dish ?

I'm thinking a small tub with a hole cut in the lid that's big enough for Fluffy to climb in if she want the contents.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I use this little guinea pig feeder for Dubai roaches... no escapees. 3 1/2 inches across 1 1/2 inches deep on shallow side
87978-6787077850.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I'll check out that site.

I've had the BSFL in a nice clean tub (that the mealworms arrived in yesterday) most the afternoon so i have them in the 100L tub with Fluffy now (I counted the mealworms and BSFL I left for her and I've seen her looking at them and in the tub (with the worms) and under it , she's pushed it all around the place (was worried she might tip it on it's side but this hasn't happen).

She's been so well fed (by hand by me ; before that by syringe) that she's not so hungry or desperate to eat every bug she see's (knows there will always be more and I'll give them to her) , unlike the likes of Cheakie who's a bottomless pit and clobbers every bug sees.

Ordered and received an Exo Terra Cricket Feeder with my bulk insect supply of 1000 medium crickets , 500 medium supers and 500 BSFL yesterday. I am hoping Fluffy is back to hunting bugs soon and I'll put 1/3 size crickets in it for then.

I guess she's just pampered and spoilt and lazy now LOL.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Made a smaller 60mm escape proof dish this after (same process) ,as the 100mm escape proof dish to too big for the 10L day tub Fluffy goes into in the evenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom