Dead/frozen dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nmc8912

My newest shipment of dubia arrived dead again (2nd time in a row). It’s likely from the blizzard we just had so they likely are just frozen. They don’t smell at all. I have run out of live ones and was wondering if it’s ok to feed the dead/frozen ones until I’m able to get new ones next week. Also, does holding them at the post office really help? They arrived quickly so not sure it would have made a difference. Thanks

Nmc8912

Original Poster
Good news- most of them are starting to come back to life after warming up. Still curious if holding them at the post office really makes a difference?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear some of them started to wake up. They slow down like crickets do when they get cold and slowly warming them will bring them back to active if they aren't harmed. Holding at the post office will help if the delivery route is long and they'd be sitting in a cold truck for an extended period. The best thing to do is avoid shipping if the temps are unusually cold and when you do ship during the winter, use a quick shipment method that includes extra insulation and a heat pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom