Dying roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
So, I've racked my brain to figure out WHY I have nymphs dying and I've not been able to figure it out. They're warm, the have humidity, the have food/water crystals, and there's no mold (clean bins). I understand adults "expiring," but nymphs??? So my wife tells me, "water can mold/ become stagnant." This never occurred to me since I've heard so many people say to put water crystals in a gallon jug of water and fill it up, but where as I have no clue why else they could be dying, I thought... maybe?
But wouldn't that kill them all if that was the problem? It does seem they don't eat much (of their dry chow). The adults go crazy for oranges, apples, bananas, but the don't really go crazy for chow. Even the nymphs don't get all that excited for the fruit either. Or maybe my expectations on how much they should eat is to high. So I made some fresh water crystals and we'll see, but any thoughts would be helpful.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would stop using the water crystals. They can get nutrition and hydration from veg scraps and occasional fruit. Just be sure to replace it if it sits for more than a couple of days or starts to get moldy or smelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom