Too Much Humidity In My Roach Bin Killing them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
I keep getting condensation on the roach bin and keep finding dead woodies, I was told that humidity is a big killer and it is for me. how do I keep the humidity down?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you add ventilation to the bin? Increased airflow may help keep the humidity down.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3vw5guxi said:
Can you add ventilation to the bin? Increased airflow may help keep the humidity down.

We added ventilation. We cut out the top of the lid and glued flyscreen over the hole. But they still kept dying.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They may require further vents in this case then. Maybe some side vents or a dehumidifier/desiccant of some sort nearby to lower the humidity around the bin. Perhaps trying to offer some dry oats instead of fresh veges for a bit may help. The oats may pull some of the humidity (and turn it into feed/hydration). Just thinking aloud though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom