Breeding Calciworm/phoenix worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
For a few weeks now ive had a 8x8x8 enclosure setup with greens on the bottom and cardboard pieces tied together for egg laying surfaces. I have about 10 in there at the moment, at one time had probably 20 but most of them died off after a bit. Ive seen them breed multiple times however whenever i check the cage i can never seem to find any eggs at all, the temperature is usually at 75 constantly and the humidity stays around 40-80. When i mist the enclosure it goes up more but basically stays around 50 most of the time.I have a small under tank heater underneath it just to provide a bit more warmth. I also have a reptisun 10.0 13 watt compact bulb on them because i read somewhere that uvb simulates mating for them.
So any advice on how to breed them successfully and get larvae from it because so far im having no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom