Question about feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I buy my roaches from gotdubia.com. I get 100 of the medium size due to Atticus still having kind of a small head. 100 simply isn’t enough until the next order arrives but the next option is 200 and to be honest, that will get expensive. I’m thinking nutrigrubs and roaches will be a good idea. They’re a little less expensive and I’ll be able to get 100 nutrigrubs and 100 roaches. My question is, can nutrigrubs be fed as meals regularly or are they more of a snack? I know they’re packed with calcium so I just want to know if I’ll hurt his liver or not. Starting a roach colony just doesn’t sound like an option for me so I’m also open to other sites to buy roaches at that are cheaper! Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nutrigrubs (black soldier fly larvae) are a nutritious feeder for them. They don't need calcium supplement. The downside is that they are very small so they can be time consuming to feed off. I use them in rotation as part of a balanced diet of bugs. I'm not sure what you are paying for the feeders. I get my black soldier fly larvae from symtonbsf for a fair price and I ordered the roaches I used to start my colony from ABDragons. There are a lot of online sources to shop around between and compare prices.

When Harry was still really into eating Dubias, I started my colony by buying around 400 for $60.
dubideli.com has the best prices, and I have looked at soooo many places. Plus with every purchase, they give you rewards that go to a future purchase. They sell by weight which means you get a lot more for your money.
For other feeders, I shop at dubiaroaches.com. They have really good deals on treat worms, Nutrigrubs, and other feeders.
I feed Harry the nutrigrubs occasionally, but that is only because they don't interest him a lot. If you can get your dragon to eat them, then they make a wonderful staple feeder.

Hope this helped!

AtticusTheBeardie

Original Poster
maddylemon":3ddsj4y4 said:
When Harry was still really into eating Dubias, I started my colony by buying around 400 for $60.
dubideli.com has the best prices, and I have looked at soooo many places. Plus with every purchase, they give you rewards that go to a future purchase. They sell by weight which means you get a lot more for your money.
For other feeders, I shop at dubiaroaches.com. They have really good deals on treat worms, Nutrigrubs, and other feeders.
I feed Harry the nutrigrubs occasionally, but that is only because they don't interest him a lot. If you can get your dragon to eat them, then they make a wonderful staple feeder.

Hope this helped!

Super helpful!! Thank you! I use gotdubia.com and with shipping it is just so expensive. I’m trying to get my local petstore to carry them but I live in such a remote area that only me and one other guy has shown interest. I will totally check that site. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom