High humidity in dubia breeder bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
89591-5870066131.jpg
So this is my set up. Pretty simple, a bin with lots of holes in the lid, and a CHE hanging over head for heat. No water around except for their crystals. Temp is good, but humidity is a WHOPPING 85%!!!! WHAT THE HECK?
Not sure what to do. I even have a dehumidifier running near by to keep humidity down for the two beardies in the house. I thought maybe crack the closet door, but then I'm losing heat.
Help appreciated. :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They should be able to handle it, but there is increased risk of mold. You might want to increase ventilation. Instead of using the top with holes in it, try cutting a big part out of the middle of the top and put some screen mesh over it. That should help increase airflow/ventilation and bring the humidity down a bit.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks cooper, i was actually thinking about doing that. I'll give it a go. Where can i find mesh like? Also, do you happen to know when "beardie" wraps up the calender? Or when we'll know what pics he chose?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I just got a roll of flexible mesh screen (for screen doors) from the hardware store. It was pretty cheap. I just taped a square to each side of the hole using gaffer's tape. Anything similar will do. You could use hot glue too if you have a hot glue gun handy.

The calendars are usually ready by December. The admin posts the photos ahead of time. I usually buy a bunch of them as christmas presents.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah they'd probably carry it. It would be around where screen doors are. You can get a roll of it pretty cheap and then just cut pieces the size you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom