cricket foods

Status
Not open for further replies.

susan1919

I ordered crickets and the company sent cricket food that says to spread in the bottom of the enclosure..Light brown powder...Should i use this along with the veggies? Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah you can offer the dry chow. I suggest microwaving it a bit first in case it is carrying grain mites. They are harmless but a pain to get rid of if they're introduced to your cricket bin. I used to put some in peanut butter jar tops (or similar) which work well as feeding dishes.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
That stuff is usually worthless for crickets.
I give it to my mealworms and superworms.

My crickets get the following :
Repcal Adult Beardie Pellets - dry straight from the bottle.
A chunk of raw carrot for moisture and food.
Fresh buk or puk choi.

UncleGael

This kind of chow is so hit or miss. If it came directly from someone that breeds and sells crickets then it's probably not a bad idea to offer in addition to vegetables. It is definitely possible to make a dry chow that is beneficial for your crickets. That said, there's a ton of types on the market that offer next to nothing nutritionally. It shouldn't harm them, but I can't guarantee it will benefit them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom