Roach colony breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
So I just started my roach colony back up and I have two bins. A feeder bin of my small-medium roaches that are room temp in a corner, and a breeder bin that is in a heated area and has all adults (and those that are only one moly away from becoming adults). Well my guy is brumating and refusing to eat at all so I figure this is a good time to get my colony good and going. Since he isn’t eating can I dump my feeders into the warm tub in hopes that they’ll grow quicker? Or will the bigger population lessen the breeding speed and what not of the adults? I probably only have maybe 50 adults so it’s not overpopulated by any means and I still have room to get a bigger tub if need be.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If there's room you could probably mix them but they will likely be fine at room temp if it's in the 70s. I split my colony several months ago and the half that is in a plastic bin in the dining room is thriving just as much as the half in the heated tank in the cellar. Mileage may vary though.

The only reason it could lessen the breeding is if there are more adult males than females. Too many males can stress the females out and cause them to drop their egg cases too early. Other than that I do not think that mixing them all together will cause any harm. Just make sure to keep them fed and hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom