Roaches not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
So i was getting roach chow from dubia deli for a while, and every time i open the bin, the food was covered with roaches. But, as good as the recipe seems to be, it's also the most expensive I've seen. So i tried making my own, they weren't eating much. Then i got some from dubiaroaches.com, (i think that was the name) still barely eating. Anybody have any thoughts? I mean seriously, these are bugs that typically would eat anything, yes?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They usually get pretty hungry after a few days. You can do a test by putting a piece of banana, squash, or a slice of bread in the bin and see what they do. My bugs go NUTS over those so if they're hungry they'll dig right in and the issue may be the chow. If they ignore those too, they may just not be hungry at the moment.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
This has been over a period of time. Also In the past a plate of oranges was devoured in a day, recently, barely touched over 2 days

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah oranges are another favorite. How is the temperature in the bin? Are they moving around a bit or are they congregated somewhere or buried in the frass? They tend to get a bit more active in the 80s and 90s but do just fine at room temps in the 70s. Much colder than that may slow them down though.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have a thermostat set to 80, i stick it to the side of the bin, the bin is in a small closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom