Feeding BSFL Bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use BSFL as a staple for my beardie and it says on the container that I can make the BSFL grow by feeding them bananas. I know that bananas are to be fed rarely or not at all to beardies so I was wondering, if im feeding the BSFL bananas, would it have any negative effect on my beardie when I feed him.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Probably not enough to have a negative impact. I don't feed my BSFL anything though. I just leave them in their container at room temperature and they seem to do just fine. They eventually hatch into flies which my dragon loves to chase after too.

Chengalang

Original Poster
CooperDragon":29bosgah said:
Probably not enough to have a negative impact. I don't feed my BSFL anything though. I just leave them in their container at room temperature and they seem to do just fine. They eventually hatch into flies which my dragon loves to chase after too.

My beardie recently just started eating like a beast so I was wondering if feeding the BSFL might make them bigger and more filling. Starting to have the problem with BSFL not being chewed because they're kind of small and he engulfs them. I tried feeding a few at a time and don't really have time to poke 250+ BSFL everyday.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They won't get a whole lot bigger. Adding hornworms to the mix might be helpful. I've had the issue of them not being chewed/digested too so I've started just hand feeding them one at a time to make sure they are chewed. Did the trick but it definitely relegates them to a snack more than a meal. Digestion doesn't seem to be an issue at all when they are flies.

Chengalang

Original Poster
CooperDragon":71zy71v9 said:
They won't get a whole lot bigger. Adding hornworms to the mix might be helpful. I've had the issue of them not being chewed/digested too so I've started just hand feeding them one at a time to make sure they are chewed. Did the trick but it definitely relegates them to a snack more than a meal. Digestion doesn't seem to be an issue at all when they are flies.

I did hornworms once but they're kind of expensive and have a decently bad smell. My beardie recently hit the 16 inch point so I plan on doing 1-3 days of Large Superworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom