Superworms sitting in the mail. How long will they survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone!

Just ordered my first feeder in the mail today! Got a box of 1000 superworms for a great price and overnight shipping. Well, what I thought would be overnight.

So I am moving to a new place and figured I would take the opportunity of time off work this Friday through Monday to be home to received superworms. Little did I know, a lot of the feeder sites I looked at stop shipping on Thursday and wont ship out again until Mondays which defeats my plan to be home for the feeders arrival. So my question is, how long will these little guys survive in a box outside my house until I get home from work?

I live in Arizona and we are juuuuusst about to enter the time of year where it starts cooling down. and by cooling down I mean instead of 100 degrees its like 90-95 degrees. My house is positioned North/South so the porch doesn't experience any direct sunlight. But still, 95 degrees. Assuming that the feeders get there pretty early. How long do you think they would last in a box in this weather? I am thinking I wont be able to attend to them for at least 6 hours worst case scenario.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They're pretty tough and ship in a container of chow. They'll likely burrow and be fine unless the temps get up way too high for too long. If they are in shade I'd imagine they'll be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom