Phoenix worms???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rc12500

I was thinking about switching my Beardie over from crickets to phoenix worms because a number of crickets die when I have them in my keeper. So just a few questions, are Phoenix Worms a good staple insect for my beardie? Also where could I get them? and how to I keep them? Also how many should I feed my beardie daily?
Thanks

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
They are good staples but will need a lot to fill an adult beardie. You can store them somewhere cool like a wine cooler. The fridge will be too cold. You can store them at room temp but will pupate in a week or so. I would let him eat as much as he wants in a few minutes. If you're in the us I get mine here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Symton-Feeding-Grade-Live-Black-Soldier-Fly-Larvae-BSFL-/262960764685?var=&hash=item3d39aed70d:m:m263Y_rjp4L16tVEzNky0Kg

Dubia roaches and silkworms are also great staples.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I'd probably move to some kind of roach as a staple just because they're bigger and more filling. The black soldier fly larvae are good to offer but I treat them as a snack because they're small and would require quite a lot of them for a full meal. If they aren't chewed thoroughly (feed one at a time) then they can sometimes come through undigested too. Not as big of a deal with an adult since they eat mostly veges anyway though. And you can feed the flies off once they hatch. They're very slow moving and easy to catch. My dragon loves them.

kyleena29":lm3ljp4d said:
They are good staples but will need a lot to fill an adult beardie. You can store them somewhere cool like a wine cooler. The fridge will be too cold. You can store them at room temp but will pupate in a week or so. I would let him eat as much as he wants in a few minutes. If you're in the us I get mine here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Symton-Feeding-Grade-Live-Black-Soldier-Fly-Larvae-BSFL-/262960764685?var=&hash=item3d39aed70d:m:m263Y_rjp4L16tVEzNky0Kg

Dubia roaches and silkworms are also great staples.

If you do a subscription shipment on symtonbsf.com you get them a lot cheaper than on eBay

I'm ordering 1,000 right now every two weeks and about to jump it up to 2,000. I feed my beardie 100 at a time and it doesn't seem like he fills up. I only get that 'plump' look when I give him a buffet of crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom