Abdragons.com Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
I finally received my orders of dubias after the long hassle of the USPS losing them :lol: I noticed they put them in a cloth bag which i know is probably better but how do you get them all out without them sticking to the cloth? Also, im not a big fan of just putting my hand in there and shaking them all out. Any advice or tips? Thanks! :)

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was able to get them all out but its a real pain! I sent company an email if next time order they can put them in a plastic box / container. That is one thing i did like about dubiaroaches.com they put them in a easy container so all you have to do is shake them out into the dubia colony. Sigh. I seriously cant win with ordering dubias online :( Has anyone here ordered from Abdragons.com and comes with a cloth how to get them all out, maybe an easier method? or if you know you can request a plastic container to be shipped?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I ordered from them and just turned the bag inside out in the enclosure and scraped the sides of the bag with my hand to free the ones hanging on. The cloth and burlap bags hold them in well while still offering breathability during shipping. They also give them something to hang on to while with plastic they wouldn't be able to cling to anything which could be problematic especially during a long shipment.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah I'm not big on bugs. I contacted the company and they said I'm able to get the plastic cup. It should be fine because dubiaroaches.com sends out theirs in plastic cups and i haven't had a problem with it. Only the customer service :? Just as long as the package isn't sitting outside very long should be okay. I also noticed they put these pellets inside of the cloth bag. Is that food for them or is that bedding? :lol:

ChristinaMike

Hatchling Member
Mine from dubideli always come in the burlap bag lol I usually will just shake (and more shaking) over the bin... I usually only have a couple stuck inside so I turn it inside out and get the few left off....

This is much easier for me since I am just ordering smalls while colony grows ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom