A good source for hoppers/locusts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charmander16

Juvie Member
I don't see many of these around, but I'd like to find a good feeder I can release loose into the viv, and these seem better than crickets due to being less noisy and harder for them to hide in small spaces.

Mysty

Juvie Member
They're popular in the UK. Buy online I guess if not in your local reptile shop. As long as humidity is not very high where you live, you should be able to buy them small and grow to adult/near adult without too much fuss.

I find that seperating one typical petshop tub into 2/3 tubs lessens the number of deaths.

Cleaning out is also a neccesary evil unfortunately.

charmander16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
From what I can tell, these are banned from sale in the US as they are considered an agricultural pest. So I guess crickets are the only really decent loose feeder, but their chirping is annoying...

Garrus

Chirping is annoying, and they will nibble on your dragon or whatever else you feed them to at night if they can. Unless you're feeding a spider, I'd feed them in a separate tub. And even with a spider, you need to remove them if the spider doesn't eat them- since if the spider molts, the crickets can and will devour the spider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom