Quickest breeding feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
So my guy is trying his best to eat me out of house and home! I bought 750 small roaches(that was a my bad actually because I thought they'd be bigger). He ate through them in a week. Dude went through them like they were mini m&ms. I'm working on getting my roach colony back up and going but I don't think a small home colony is going to be enough for him!! What's the quickest breeding feeder? How are superworms to breed? What the heck doooo i doooo?!?!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hornworms seem to grow the quickest from what I've seen. I'm not sure how to breed them though. Crickets seem to grow pretty quickly too but I haven't bred them either. If you increase the temps in your roach colony into the 90s and provide some treats like orange slices or banana they may be able to breed more quickly but it won't be quick.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hornworms grow the quickest for sure :) but they can't reproduce quickly. What size is your beardie ? You ordered the wrong size roaches, 750 of the correct size insects should last you 3 weeks for a medium -large juvie or sub adult dragon. Get bigger roaches + tyey'll last you much longer.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
If you have a place outside and don't mind the nastiness BSFL breed remarkably fast once established. Silkworms grow relatively fast if you keep them well fed. Eggs are cheep online and if you have mulberry trees around.... super easy.

A small colony of roaches is plenty but you may find by the time it's built up that you don't need huge amounts anymore.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry I guess I missed these replies!! Yeah buying the wrong size was totally on me, but I assumed 750 would still be slightly sufficient.

He's 5 years old and a beast! He's lost weight since I got him, but the previous people were giving him supers, roaches, or crickets twice per day everyday. I have him on a 70% veggie diet (mostly because I sold my THRIVING roach colony two weeks before I took him in). And when I say he's lost weight I mean he was plump when I got him and now he's the "ideal" weight (according to the vet).

I hate how the price triples for large roaches as compared to smalls!! Unfortunately I don't have a space for BSFL because I'm in apartments. I guess I just need to start buying up roaches and growing them like I did last time. This guy is a bottomless pit so I doubt he'll ever lose this voracious appetite and hopefully he'll be around for another 10 years :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom