Wrong size crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got my juvenile beardie Friday and went to the local store yesterday and accidentally got the wrong size crickets. I can't get any more until this Saturday. He doesn't seem to eat more than one or two a day now because they're so big or because he is full. Will he be okay if I feed him bigger ones until Saturday or do I need to go ahead and get smaller ones?

Romicron

The rule of thumb is that cricket feeders should be no bigger than the gap between your beardie's eyes.

If they fit this, then you're fine. If not, order the smaller crickets as soon as possible.

Depending on the mismatch between your beardie's size and the crickets' size, risks include gut impaction, choking on oversized cricket legs, etc.

You could get lucky, but why take the chance?

Briana1976

Original Poster
Yes I do. I actually have a question about his color that has me concerned but it might just be me being over protective. And good news I got new crickets & he seems to eat them a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom