Dubia roach starter help

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamb

I want to start breeding my own roaches as obviously they can be very pricey at the local store. I have a tote and the egg cartons. I need suggestions on heating, feeding, and where the best place to buy them is. Please help!!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can keep them in a tote in a relatively warm area of the house and they'll be fine. I have one colony in a glass tank in the basement under a heat emitter lamp and they breed more quickly but the colony I have in a ventilated bin with no extra heat is doing just fine too. I feed both of them veg scraps. They like bananas and squash the best. They'll eat green beans, stems from greens, leftover greens and any salad bits. They're pretty good composters so it's nice to have them around.

Here is a nice general article about their care https://www.southtexasdragons.com/dubia-roaches.html

jayce82

Juvie Member
I only have lick with them breeding if I keep their tank between 85 and 90*, the ones in my non heated tank don't breed at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom