Dubia Roach Help?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dubia have been dropping all their egg sacs they are new about 5 days have been here it's proably cause their stressed. Ordered them from rainbow mealworms, the first package dubia were all dying and smashed, They sent a replacement and it was better they weren't very happy tho, the males look like they fought I bought 50 females 20 males and got a replacement theres probably 80 females 25 males not sure gonna count later. Seen nymphs but they are all dying after two days, the temps during the day go from morning temp 78 to a good 91- 93 for the day and night it gets to 77 about 8 o'clock at night and the whole night I believe, they eat oranges and carrots but chicken feed is always offered, they have a reptibowl of water crystals.i have a jar with holes for humidity. They have egg crates and there's a heating pad and thermostat so they have everything I just want them to start saving me money, if someone can offer advice I would appreciate it thank you!
92488-3777715042.jpg
92488-657087467.jpg
92488-4549732739.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your setup looks like it should be working. If they don't have an issue when they arrive then perhaps the diet is causing a problem. Try switching that up a bit and see if it helps. I would get rid of the water crystals and give them hydration through fresh food. Orange slices usually work well as you've been using. Try banana pieces and especially squash pieces. My bugs seem to love those. They'll also eat stems from greens as well as leftover greens. If that doesn't work, try removing the chicken feed. It may take some trial and error to see exactly what they like and what works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom