Discoid breeding tips wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacie

Hello I'm a first time owner of now an 8 month old 14 inch beardie. I had him on a diet of crickets but have recently switched him over to discoid roaches I buy from a feed store and we're both enjoying them a lot more

So I'd like to start my own colony and I'm looking for any tips
I do live I Florida but the northern part in the panhandle near a beach. So it's humid here but not as hot as other places in Florida.
I've already brought a starter kit and it's on the way to me from ready reptiles
https://readyreptilefeeders.com/Discoid-Roach-Colony-Starter-Breeding-Kits.php

I got the larger kit from them.
And there's a breeding and care guide on the site but I'm just hoping for any additional information

I also have two large Rubbermaid tubs one for the colony and another for cleaning.
I have extra egg crates
Water gell
And I was thinking of getting a people heating pad for them.

Is there anything I'm missing? Anything I should look out for or just any tips from personal expiernce? I've been reading in them for days but I want to make sure I got a good thought on what all to do.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have only raised dubias but their care is similar. I wouldn't bother using the water gel and instead put veg scraps and fresh veges for them to eat which will give them hydration as well as nutrition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom