Clean BSFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
sooo...I just got an order of 1100 BSFL for my Charlie. The person I bought them from sent them in soil. How in the heck do you separate them from the dirt for feeding??? They move fast too! Charlie enjoyed them :)

smackey2

Hatchling Member
I put Spike's in a strainer and run them under some water to rinse them clean. I tried drying them with a paper towel before giving them to her, and she wasn't too interested. Spike likes her to be a little damp.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Thanks to both of you - I find they move way faster than I expected LOL

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can climb pretty well after being rinsed so the dry off stage is fairly important or else you may see some skittering for freedom across the room.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I was watching a fishing show on TV today, the pro celeb fisherman was using gents of some of sort dirt (I think) and he simply had a small bucket which had water in and just dumped a dinner spoon full of gents+dirt in and the worms floated on top and he used a gold fish scoop to scoop clean gents out .... looked dead easy ....

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
kingofnobbys":15vcrk8m said:
I was watching a fishing show on TV today, the pro celeb fisherman was using gents of some of sort dirt (I think) and he simply had a small bucket which had water in and just dumped a dinner spoon full of gents+dirt in and the worms floated on top and he used a gold fish scoop to scoop clean gents out .... looked dead easy ....

Omg that sounds do much easier! I've been trying but I am pretty sure Charlie is hating the dirt that gets caught on them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom