Temp for non-breeeding Dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nmc8912

I have a large plastic bin with a screen cutout for ventilation to store my Dubias. I plan to keep them in the garage but was wondering what the lowest temperature they can tolerate is. I don't want to breed them, just keep them alive. Does anyone keep their Dubia outside in the summer or is best to keep them out the elements? Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would keep them inside unless your garage stays relatively warm. I wouldn't let them get below 60 or so. Ideally they are kept at room temperature or warmer. If you want them to breed more quickly you'll want to add an overhead CHE or some heat tape/heat pad to get their temps into the 90s in part of the enclosure. They thrive under warm/hot conditions but from what I've seen they stay pretty healthy at room temps in the high 60s and low 70s without any interference.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I've had them do OK at 65-70... though healthy feeders make healthier food so I wouldn't push the limits to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom