Want to set up dubia breeding colony

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpaine

Ok, I want to set up a breeding colony of dubia that will support my beardie (about 2-3 month old), Veiled chameleon (about same age) and a juvenile leopard gecko. My question is would I be better just buying a large order and letting them age over time or a few breeding pairs and a small order to last until they begin to produce?

jayce82

Juvie Member
well go ahead and get your adult breeders. let them do their thing. but after the baby's are here they take a long time to get to feeding size. so is go ahead and order 1k baby's and 50 breeders

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Roach colonies take 1-2 months to really start multiplying. I've had mine about two months and I just started noticing newborn nymphs the past week or so. You'll need something to feed your reptiles in the meantime. But it's a great idea to start one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom