Dubia Roach Escape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7hunder68

I bought a cup of 100 dubias on Sunday. I've fed about 50 of them off. When I was feeding my beardie I accidentally dropped the cup. Dubias scattered around the floor. I think I picked up most of them, but I'm paranoid that they will run rampant in the house. How can I make sure none are left in the house?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Try setting a trap of sorts by putting up a heat lamp (ceramic heat emitter is probably best, they don't seem to enjoy light very much) and put out some bait like orange slices or a peeled banana. They are likely to be drawn to the warm area and food source.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
In addition to what Cooper said, you probably don't have to worry about the roaches infesting, unless you live south of Florida. They are tropical roaches and need specific requirements to reproduce. Most places are too cool and dry. You're more likely to find them dead in a few weeks. I'd definitely go with the trap, as suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom