Repriworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Yep. ReptiWorms (which are really black solider fly larvae) are very nutritious and high in calcium

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, they are a good option. I would include them with other bugs as part of a varied diet if you can. The more variety you can provide, the better.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Try to include some hardbodied insects (like crickets or roaches) as well. Soft food diets are implicated in poor dental health long term.

Victorvalle

Original Poster
Thanks for the replys i try not to do so many crickets sense ny beardie is only about 2 months old so idont like having to scoop out crickets at night itry to only throw crickets in the morning so by the end of the day hes probably ate most of them and im feeding dubias aswell but sometimes there hard to comeby at my local petshops sense there always sold out of smalls...just started ordering then online tho gunna try and start a colony in the up coming weeks just never really heard about reptiworms and wanted to give then a try...am i suppose to dust those?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You don't need to dust the repti worms. They already have an adequate amount of calcium.

When you offer crickets, I suggest keeping them in cardboard tubes for toilet paper or paper towels to make them easy to shake out. I shake them into a cleaned yogurt cup with some supplement (anything similar will work) a few at a time and shake them gently. Then I let them out a few at a time so it's easy for me and my dragon to track them. I repeat this until he loses interest or after about 10 min or so, making sure I remove all remaining bugs after the meal time is over. Leaving bugs in the tank can let them hide and come out and bite your dragon overnight which can be an irritation if a few but if a lot are left they can do some real damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom