Where to but crickets online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berryr386

I just ordered crickets from Josh's Frogs on December 30. It was guaranteed live delivery and fast shipment. I just received my crickets today ( Jan. 7) a week after I ordered them and they are all dead. While I have not called Josh's Frogs to resolve the problem yet ( they are closed on Saturday), I need to know of a place where I can order live crickets that will deliver them alive and in a timely manner. The nearest pet store is over 60 miles away and my dragon will eat 100 crickets every week or so. It is not easy for me to make a trip to the pet store that often. Also, I am trying to get my lil guy to eat other foods such as Phoenix worms and veggies but he won't touch it. How can I get the picky little booger to munch on something else?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's too bad =(. They should be covered under a live arrival guarantee so I'd report it as quickly as you can and get a replacement. This may just be a one off fluke. Were they well packaged? Usually live bugs arrive within a day or two.

I've had good luck in the past ordering from premiumcrickets/georgiacrickets. Others have reported good luck with Armstrong crickets. Josh's Frogs has a pretty good reputation too though. I'd see how they handle the live arrival guarantee.

Berryr386

Original Poster
They looked well packaged. I've never ordered live bugs so I really wouldn't know, but I really think so. I'm guessing that delivery took so long on account of the holidays, and it is very cold right now ( only 10 degrees where I live) so that has an affect on their survival. I am sure they will resolve the problem when I call Monday, nobody wants bad feedback. I guess I shouldn't want one bad experience determine whether or not I order from them anymore, but I need be able to rely on someone. As it is now, I am going to have to make that 60 mile trip today because all I have is Phoenix worms that he won't eat. :roll:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah it's about that cold here too. A lot of times they'll delay shipment if the forecast is that cold along the route. I'll bet the unusually long transit time and cold temps did them in. I'd treat it as a fluke issue but I always appreciate when they hold shipment due to weather. Once it gets back into the 20s and 30s it's not usually an issue with second day or overnight shipping.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you're correct that holidays messed up the shipment. The companies that cooper mentioned are all very reliable , Great Lakes hornworms is another one. Be aware that if it's below a certain temp., they will not guarantee live arrival unless you go with overnight shipping. If you see a break in the upcoming forecast, try for ordering a day before the warmest day. Don't order after Wed., if the box gets hung up you may not get it until the next week.

Berryr386

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info I'm getting. I just hope they will either refund my money or send out another shipment. I'm not mad about it, just hate it that I have to make that long trip to go get more crickets. If my lizard wasn't so darn picky I could wait a few days on another shipment from somewhere else.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
On eBay Joshsfrogs don't have the best reviews and because of that I've never ordered with them. Georgiacrickets will allow you to actually go to their location and pick up if you live in Georgia. I've ordered from Armstrong before and had good results. However, now when I order crickets I order from eBay a seller called Predatorfoods. I ALWAYS get my order within three days from time of placing the order. And they are the least expensive I've found too.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Live-Crickets-Wholesale-Bulk-Crickets-500-1000-2000-5000-Free-Shipping-/252648374903?var=&hash=item3ad3044277%3Am%3AmGmYgLha_KYzrSetD-GyeIg&_trkparms=pageci%253Af4da6921-d516-11e6-a52e-74dbd1e0a46f%257Cparentrq%253A7a9867c61590a605a4cb59c6ffc53b6c%257Ciid%253A14&varId=551565336069

AlsMom

I have to say that, however disgusting it seemed to me at first, I made the switch to Dubia roaches and am so happy I did!!! Much easier to take care of, quiet, and our beardie LOVES them!!! We order ours from DubiaRoaches.com. Something to consider!

Berryr386

Original Poster
AlsMom":8hfo6bez said:
I have to say that, however disgusting it seemed to me at first, I made the switch to Dubia roaches and am so happy I did!!! Much easier to take care of, quiet, and our beardie LOVES them!!! We order ours from DubiaRoaches.com. Something to consider!

How do you take care of them, gut load them, house them, and do I have to worry about them escaping and infesting my home? Are they hard to get your beardie to start to eat? I have tried to get mine to eat other foods, including Phoenix worms and veggies, and he won't touch them. I know it is better for them to eat a variety of foods but mine is finicky, even goes through spells where it won't eat at all. Really, I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom