Orange Head & Ivory Head Roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
*ahem* speaking of roaches! I picked up my 325 mixed on Sunday and I just went to put MORE food in for them and two of the males have already molted and grew themselves some wings. Woah!! That was quick!! Time to put on some Lionel Richie and wait for some babies. Anything else I can do or should do for them?
PS I finally figured out how to get Maggie to eat them. Thank goodness

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster

Taffer

Hatchling Member
Zombiepanda":1f6nkfp6 said:
Time to put on some Lionel Richie and wait for some babies. Anything else I can do or should do for them?

Not sure what you are doing now, but I've read feeding breeder roaches oranges seem to make for good breeding. The last two weeks my breeding bin hasn't done much to eat the orange slices I've left for them, but I put 4 slices in earlier today and in a matter of hours 3 were totally gone, so maybe they have been listening to some Lionel Richie themselves. He's my favorite singer, but I'd say my favorite song that may get your roaches going is Teddy Pendergrass, "Turn Off the Lights..." Careful - only use that song in cases of emergency! I'm not sure your roaches are ready to handle that music yet... :lol: :lol:

Taffer

Hatchling Member
Rankins":2tfs57m3 said:
Sorry, keeping it a bit brief. But this is the thermostat I use for my reptile racks and roach bins. They are basically the same as the others that were mentioned. They all have the same electronics in different housings. I have some of the "JumpStarts" also...they just cost a bit more.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01E9IO6N0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483493389&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ipower+thermostat&dpPl=1&dpID=51kx7wBkjnL&ref=plSrch

I think this was supposed to be in the Dubia Roaches thread...?

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, probably fit better there :)
Told you I had the flu, I'm delirious.
But as for if feeding oranges works to stimulate breeding....I never paid close enough attention because that would be weird.

Seriously, I just mix my roach food with orange juice.

Taffer

Hatchling Member
Rankins":1mhk6gkr said:
Yeah, probably fit better there :)
Told you I had the flu, I'm delirious.

But as for if feeding oranges works to stimulate breeding....I never paid close enough attention because that would be weird.

Seriously, I just mix my roach food with orange juice.[/quote]

ROFL...yeah, that would be weird. Don't you pull your roaches out and take counts daily to judge which foods are the best roach aphrodisiac? Where is the dedication? :laughhard:

I hope you feel better soon buddy...

Hey guys,

I bought a pound of Orange Heads from ABdragons and was quite pleased with the amount. The order had about 17 full-grown adults, a couple dozen extra large nymphs (close to adulthood), 1-2000 large/medium nymphs and several hundred small nymphs. Your mix really varies per order, they just scoop out of a bin and weigh em. This order happened to have a lot more larger roaches than anything else. My little guy is 5 months old (16 inches 255 grams) so I was hoping for a more medium-sized roach, so im pretty happy.

Rankins! I made a post in the Feeders section about Orange Heads, hoping to lure you out for some feedback. I decided to put the adults I received in a bin of their own to see if they breed, and then had a moment where I considered replacing my fledgling Dubia colony with my Orange heads. The Dubias have a decent setup with proper heat/humidity etc and I feel the Orange Heads would do much better in that setup than the one they currently have (Space is at a premium in my house so I have to make do with subpar for the secondary roaches).

Would you recommend pursuing Orange Heads of Dubias, or both? I want the best feeder if I am going to apply my time, and I want the best option for my little guy. I know you tout the orange heads, but are they truly worth replacing the Dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom