Am I doing Anything Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello,

So I recently purchased some male dubia and some large dubia off of DubiDeli.com. When I received them they were alive, but then, just 2 days later they were ALL DEAD - but only the ones I JUST ordered. I had already had about 30 females and some extra small in my bin that have been doing great for bout a month, so I know they didn't die from incorrect husbandry - or did they? My set up is a 18 gallon Rubbermaid tub, egg crates positioned vertically, roach chow and fruits/veggies, and my temps are 80-90º at all times. When I emailed the dubia place, he said the only reason they would of all dies is from improper husbandry, but from what I researched, I am doing everything right! What's going wrong?!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What was the weather like between where they were shipped from and where you are? Perhaps the shipment sat on a truck and got overheated which could affect them. If you added them to an established colony then I'd guess something happened in transit for them to all die that quickly.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd guess they sat in a truck and got too hot during transit. Were they acting slow/lethargic when they arrived?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yes, all alive. Considering I paid $7 for shipping, I am trying to get a replacement. :?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Keep an eye on them. If they died of disease then I'd imagine it would spread to your colony quickly if there was that kind of dieoff. If it was only the new bugs I would imagine that my guess is right in that something happened to them during shipping that won't affect the bugs that were already there. Sometimes those trucks get awfully hot in the summer and awfully cold in the winter. You may be able to get a replacement under a DOA guarantee but that depends on the policy of the shipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom