Dubia Roaches Beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandeis

I just purchased a small dubia colony starter pack from someone locally and got a pretty awesome deal.

for $70 I received
100 extra small
100 small
100 medium
100 large
100 extra large
30 female
10 male

My cages temp stays at about 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit with a heat mat underneath the cage.
Humidity at around 50 to 60.
I hydrate them with veggies and a wet paper towel that I replace every day.
For dry food I'm using Fluker's cricket food.

I am wondering if these are the ideal conditions to keep my Dubias??? THX

Brandeis

Original Poster
Thanks for the clarification! Another quick question if you have the time. I noticed one of my females dropped an egg sack and didn't pick it up. I've heard that females carry the egg sack after they drop it but she didn't. What will happen to the egg sack? Is this suppose to happen? Did the stress of moving around ruin her eggs? THX
CooperDragon":1go4dg5e said:
Yeah that sounds really good. Here is a nice site to reference when you need some ideas about dubia care. http://www.southtexasdragons.com/dubia-roaches.html

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That I'm not sure of. With such a large starter colony I wouldn't worry about it too much. You should start to see a new generation within a month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom