Alternative methods to water crystals to hydrate dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriGecko

What are popular methods to keep dubias hydrated aside from using water crystals? I realize that is a very broad question with several answers, so could anyone offer insight into how they do their own colony personally?

Thank you if you can.

quyllur

Hatchling Member
I don't use water crystals at all, just fresh fruit or vegetable scraps tossed in the bin.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. Plenty of veg scraps work well. Sometimes I throw in orange wedges which they like a lot.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Fresh washed greens or fruit daily. An evening misting of the sides of the tub. 5 or so sprays. This is to help with moulting.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Sandybeardie":rvn7akjm said:
Would apples work? That's what I feed my crickets.

Been there tried that : the slices start to forment pretty soon , wind up with drunk bugs , and if wrong kind of alcohol they could become toxic.

same happens with potato slices. Carrot chunk work better.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I spray down the enclosure from time to time (I don't use egg flats) and feed fruits and veggies. You shouldn't be offering more food than will get eaten in one or two days.mone love apple cores, pineapple rinds and squash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom