Worms in my Dubias help! (Cleaners or bad?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyMaven

Hey ya'll, please help! I found these worms recently in with my dubias. I've been doing some research but of course finding mixed answers. Are these worms "cleaners" and good for the dubia bin or are these bad? They seem to have multiplied (and continue to) at a very rapid pace.... or they're just growing and I'm now noticing them? This is where they seem to be coming from, this little pocket of egg crate but they are moving all around the bin now.

Any help is much appreciated!! I'm still squeamish with dubias.... and now unknown worms? Ahck! Oy what I'll do for my Firefly (my dragon). ;-)

Thanks again for your help! Total newbie here - a dragon owner of only 6 weeks so far, I apologize in advanced!

87842-7198885823.jpg

87842-3726436976.jpg

87842-6931806351.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
Those are dermestid beetle larvae, aka cleaner worms. They are good to have in your bins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom