Buffalo worms??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpy

Hatchling Member
Hi
Sorry long post
My online live food supplier has started to supply Buffalo worms apparently they are high in protein & great as part of reptile diet & helps with hydration. When I googled them it came up that they are high in protein & are mainly sold for people on a high protein diet. But they look like meal worms so are they an impaction risk?
Randall is 14 1/2 inches & 8 1/2 months old he normally has locusts & calci worms but is being very picky with his eating at moment so I need to change it up. I have only just started a roach colony. Everyone seems to be out if stock of silkworm's & the only hornworms I found were £68 for 12. & as Randall won't eat at a set time I have to free range his bugs so crickets are out of the question.
Any suggestions help appreciated

Kay

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are similar to mealworms. They are probably OK as a treat but I wouldn't use them as a staple. Just add some of them to a balanced diet. The beetles they turn into are often used as cleaner crew for dubia and cricket tanks.

Sharpy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1d4rufp3 said:
They are similar to mealworms. They are probably OK as a treat but I wouldn't use them as a staple. Just add some of them to a balanced diet. The beetles they turn into are often used as cleaner crew for dubia and cricket tanks.

Thanks Cooper. I might try them as a treat when he's a bit bigger.

Kay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom