Heating dubia roach tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpy

Hatchling Member
Hi
I have tank & everything else I need to start my Dubai colony except the heat.
As my husband won't let me have them in the main house I will have to keep them in a utility area that has no heating & gets really cold in winter.
Would a reptile heat cable work? & would I put it inside the tank?
I have looked at a heat mat but not sure it would produce enough heat & a ceramic heat emitter but would that get the bottom warm enough without cooking any roaches that come to the top.
Any advice is appreciated as I really want this to work as my husband has agreed that if the roach colony goes well he will let me take in a dragon from a rescue centre in the new year.

Thanks

Kay

ruben0311

Juvie Member
I think however you decide to go make sure you are insulating the exterior of the enclosure first, that way any heat will actually keep the unit warm.... whether a CHE or tape or UTH, see about getting a rheostat to regulate the temperatures... keeping it insulated and regulating the heat will ensure that you can keep a constant temperature without drastic changes due to weather.

Sharpy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Ruben
I was thinking of placing tank in a box & maybe filling the gap with polystyrene beads. Which is another reason I want to put heater inside tank

Kay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom