Dubia Colony Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, I am new to this forum and to bearded dragons. Although I do not have one yet, I am hoping to get one in the near future and was looking around to see if anyone was selling a dubia colony or adult dubias (specifically females). Thank you!

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
You can find adult males/females on Amazon to start a breeding colony. I just ordered 20 females & 10 males from ABDragons via Amazon. From what I can tell they are a more reputable source for feeders etc.

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
JessPets":2xlg36en said:
Ok, thank you. Do you know how much they were charging? (amazon)

I ordered 20 adult female, 10 adult males $29
300 medium Dubai, $35

I could gotten them cheaper but I wanted them from ABDragons.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
I would invest in orange head roaches. I just sourced some Ivory head roaches, they are really similar to orange heads.
The reason I like the orange heads is that they are bulkier. So they have a bigger gut for loading. They breed faster and are actually kind of pretty for a roach. Nymphs are a glossy brick red color. Adults are tan with a bright orange head.
If you can find ivory heads they are worth a shot. Most dealers want $3 per roach because they are pretty rare. Roach Crossing had some, I purchased 40/$38 yesterday (shipping included). I should get them next week.
In the future I may be able to provide both orange and ivory heads.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Which one of us :)
As for me, I have a huge orange head colony, a large dubia colony, and a tiny ivory head colony.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Rankins":3j6g1692 said:
Which one of us :)
As for me, I have a huge orange head colony, a large dubia colony, and a tiny ivory head colony.

lol that was aimed at JessPets. But I do slightly envy your orange head colony!!! I wish I could have found them fornas great a deal as I'm getting for my dubia colony. Scratch that I totally envy the cooler. It's awesome

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
The things we do for our critters...we raise bugs most people wouldn't want in their homes. Then we take care of the roaches like they are pets. We feed them good, keep them warm, nurture them into adulthood.

Then we steal their babies and mourn their loss after the lizards eat them. The cycle repeats....

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Haha, yes, my colony is just starting to get up. Everyone one who knows I keep roaches in my garage and breed them on purpose thinks i am mentally unstable :lol:

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Rankins":m1kunrxy said:
The things we do for our critters...we raise bugs most people wouldn't want in their homes. Then we take care of the roaches like they are pets. We feed them good, keep them warm, nurture them into adulthood.

Then we steal their babies and mourn their loss after the lizards eat them. The cycle repeats....
this cracked me up!!

I picked up my 300 mixed nymph and I have everything from 1/4-1". Idk If the females are grown, but none of the males have wings yet. Does this mean they can't breed yet?

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like your on your way to having a colony. If the males don't have wings they are not sexually mature. It does take awhile to build the colony up, so don't get impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom