Worm Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoyaBean

Hello Hello!

If anyone can clear up some confusion for me, it'd be major help!

I personally buy worms because of their convenience especially around my area. I've fed Enzo everything from Mealworms (which I'm reading is not so good to be feeding beardies), Superworms, Calci-worms, Wax Worms, and others..

I just read not too long ago that the crunchy-ness of the shell on worms like the Superworm or the Mealworm, isn't very good for their digestion. I have been feeding Enzo Superworms for a nice while now because he prefers them over the mealworms. Should I stop giving him Superworms as his main source of protein? I recently bought some Dubias and Hornworms because of the Expo that was held this past weekend around me. But Dubias are a b**ch for me to get being that most stores don't carry them and how effing expensive they are. If anyone can let me know if this is something I should stop ASAP. Because I def will!

HELP!
Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....superworms are fine as long as he gets other insects at least once in a while. Does he eat any veggies ? The best ones are greens like turnip, mustard, collard, dandelion, cilantro and squash is good as well.

But you don't have to eliminate superworms from his diet by any means.

GoyaBean

Original Poster
AHBD":230cbmgm said:
Hi there....superworms are fine as long as he gets other insects at least once in a while. Does he eat any veggies ? The best ones are greens like turnip, mustard, collard, dandelion, cilantro and squash is good as well.

But you don't have to eliminate superworms from his diet by any means.

I try and mix them up all the time. Super worms mainly but I'll also feed him crickets every now and then as well. As at as the veggies go, little guy eats better than I do. He gets a Mustard Green, Bok Choy, Turnip green and mint leaves salad twice a day. I'll stick to the super worms since he loves them so much. Thanks for the reply! Always good to receive some feedback.

GoyaBean

Original Poster
TeddyLC":1fkw7620 said:

Yeeeeaaahhhhh Dubias are the bomb diggity.. There was a reptile expo I went to a week ago and I was able to find some Dubias and Hornworms for super cheap. His response to the Dubias was so satisfying. He lunged a them things like they were the last on earth. Unfortunately I'm running low on them and yes, pretty pricey. I may do a once a month buy of Dubias because I know they're nutritious as hell. Thanks for the links! Did NOT know that you can get them on Amazon.

Thank You!

TeddyLC

Yup, dubias are my dragon's favourites, too. :) He won't even eat crickets anymore. I bought a hundred small dubias for $9.95 on Amazon with free shipping, then bought some pricier medium-sized ones at a local pet shop to feed my dragon while the little ones had time to grow. :)

One warning with buying them online, though - my shipments have come in plastic bags with a bunch of shredded paper (so they could burrow and hide and not get thrown around as badly by the post, I imagine), so you definitely will need to have a container ready to transfer them into. I don't know your dragon's age, but definitely be sure to check the sizes and make sure they're okay for him!

KayaMcrackin

Hatchling Member
ive gotten the same comment about supers. "you shouldnt feed them because of to much protein"
im actually going to start and super and dubia colony. therefore, my beardie can have a variety.
they are both super easy to breed! and you can save lots of money doing it.

you can get dubias off of amazon, as mentioned
or you can get them off

http://www.cnsfeeders.net/411114022/category/315521/dubia-roaches

or

http://capecodroaches.com/t/dubia-roaches

^^ ive talked to the owner personally through facebook. they are great to work with and they will give you lots of tips on how to breed them. its super easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom