ReptiWorms Vendor - Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xazzak

Hatchling Member
**I am in no way affiliated with any mentioned vendors below**

I'm writing this post to warn others about my experiences with ReptiWorms (http://www.reptiworms.com). I usually purchase my BSFL by the 1000ct because my bearded dragon is a piggy. On my 4th and last purchase from ReptiWorms, I must say that I was severely disappointed with a 50-60% DOA of my shipment. First off, they pack their product in some type of potting soil substrate, or perhaps even fertilizer. The reason I say that is because the tubs literally smelled like feces. I don't know if it was the substrate or the rotting BSFL bodies. Out of the four times I've bought from this vendor, I've had DOAs and shipping was only screwed up once. In their defense regarding a shipping issue, a vendor has no real control over the carrier used for shipment (in this vendor's case, USPS). The last 1000ct of BSFL from there was so bad, that my dragon doesn't even want to eat the live ones. I will likely toss the rest since he doesn't want to eat them, so that's $45.00 down the drain. I normally buy from the Phoenix Worm store, but they have been out of their 1000ct as they've been replenishing their supply. If you're going to buy BSFL from a mainstream vendor, I personally advise the PW store over the RW store.

I have attached photos below showing my last shipment...

This is a shot of the hundreds upon hundreds that I threw in the toilet due to being DOA and rotting. There are many more that sank to the bottom.
82756-2383038728.jpg

This is a close up of a lifeless ReptiWorm. The consistency of it's body was like jelly, likely because it was rotting on the inside.
82756-8868919578.jpg

This picture shows a majority of remaining live product, although I wasn't done clearing out the dead ones before pictures were taken. You can probably spot dead ones among the live ones.
82756-4173864187.jpg

**Just as a note, it's easy to spot dead BSFL as they'll usually get shifted to the substrate surface as the lives ones burrow below the surface. These live feeders (BSFL) should always be moving.**

I have called and emailed ReptiWorms customer support numerous times and I've never once gotten a reply from this vendor. Because I care about the well being of my dragon as well as getting what I pay for, I am sharing my personal experiences with this vendor. I don't know if others have had such bad experiences or not, but all of mine have been bad with them. The vendor is located in California, and I'm located in Georgia. They ship USPS 2 day priority...so I doubt they were all alive before shipment.

Buyers beware.

flashburn

I also had less than satisfactory product from Reptiworms. This last time was the final straw, my order was more than half DOA, like yours and the ones that were alive didn't look good (not active at all). I complained about this to them, and got no response. So I started a chargeback to them. Unbeknownst to me, they decided to send a new order without any communication to me. In this process I was moving, so about three weeks go by and I get a forwarded package to my address, with of course, an entire package of dead worms. Then of course my credit card company denied the chargeback.

When they are selling such a generic product like BSF there's really three major areas of concern, price, quality, and customer service. They are priced decently, but their quality is always worse than Phoenix Worms and their customer service is almost non-existent.

I was just about to post about another company I've found that seems to be great on all counts, but I got side tracked seeing this post. I'm going to write up a little post for that other company now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom