HELP! I accidentally mixed Discoid and Dubia roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xianmack

I started a Dubia colony about a month ago, and then a week ago I saw Dubia roaches for sale on Craigslist. I bought them and was upset because all the adults were males (Dubia males have wings). I put all the nymphs into my colony and then have been feeding off the males. Today I now realized these are not all males but are actually discoid roaches! I put probably 50 nymphs into my Dubia colony about a week ago and now I am worried. Are they going to kill one another off? Will they get along just fine living together? Are they going to slow my Dubia breeding? Should I seperate them and how would I know how to do this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

TeddyLC

There are two votes here at roachforum.com that they can be housed together, but they do prefer slightly different environments.

Discoids however prefer to hide in logs and under bark, where dubia climb and rest or branches or hide in logs, discoids prefer privacy. Dubia are more active where discoids are calmer. Both enjoy oak leaves and bark to much on and branches to climb and hide in.

I got my dubia and discoids together someone had a mixed colony. The dubia will grow faster than the discoids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom