wax worm colony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToothlessTheDragon

Hatchling Member
:blob8: HI! :blob8:
i was wondering if any one had any experience on WAX WORMS, i was thinking of starting a colony,
any tips or facts? anything can be helpful :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wax worms are pretty fatty and not all that nutritious. I suggest starting a colony of a different kind. Silk worms would be a good choice if you can get a mulberry bush or a bunch of mulberry chow.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Waxworms are a pest of bee hives, I believe it takes a mixture of bees wax, honey and maybe some other things to culture them.

I would spend the effort on something more nutritious like silkworms or soldier fly larvae (when spring comes back around).

ToothlessTheDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well they would not be just for my beardie, we have some toads, mice, and of course my bearded,
but my mom is also a wild life rehaber, and could use them for squirrels, chipmunks, and birds,

and just trowing this out there i've heard some things about horn worms are they good for beardies?
i don't really have any experience with them

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom