Ventilation and dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkeum88

Hello all,

Just started my Dubia colony but having trouble maintaining the humidity inside my enclosure I am using a 22 gallon sterilite tub with 8 egg flats on one side and food and water on the cool. I was originally using a 6x6 vent hole on the lid but after I found out the temperature I had set my thermostat at wasn't keeping my tub hot enough(it was around 82-84) so now after increasing heat the humidity dropped to around 30-34% but now the tub sits around 90 degrees. So I had decreased my ventilation down to a 4x4 hole and now the humidity has jumped to a good 45-50%!! Will the 4x4 be good enough to provide enough ventilation or should I make other adjustments??

I am using water crystals
Also live in a dry state haha buckeye Arizona

Thank you all very much I'll try to post some photos if that'll make it easier to see

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They should be OK but keep a close eye on them and adjust as needed. I've found that my roaches are pretty tough and can handle a wide range of heat and humidity. I keep mine in the basement which is usually low 70s in the summer and around 60 in the winter. They have an under tank heater that keeps the bottom of the tank in the 80s most of the time and they are fine. The basement is relatively dry but I haven't measured it. They've thrived for over a year. I provide lots of fresh veg and sometime orange slices to make sure they're nice and hydrated. The vent I have is a mesh top for a 20g long glass tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom