Baby dubias climbing the walls! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eckabeb

2060ifn.jpg

No one told me they could do this (though when thinking on it they're so lightweight that it was always possible). I love watching them, but only inside their cozy, 4 walled home.
Anyone think they might decide to have a mass exodus? How long until they're a bit bigger (& can't fit through my air holes)? Anything I can do until then?

KRayne

Hatchling Member
I haven't tried it but I heard if you get some clear masking tape and put it about an inch down from the air holes (sticky side stuck to the wall of the container) when the roaches reach it they won't get traction and they'll slip down the wall. Hope this helps :)

Eckabeb

Original Poster
KRayne":18yk0k6n said:
I haven't tried it but I heard if you get some clear masking tape and put it about an inch down from the air holes (sticky side stuck to the wall of the container) when the roaches reach it they won't get traction and they'll slip down the wall. Hope this helps :)

Oh wow. We did this with the crickets forever ago... in my angst I didn't even consider it. xD Thank you!

KRayne

Hatchling Member
Glad I could help. I never even thought of using it with crickets lol. I think I'll have to try it :D

They will climb the sides if they are rough, which it looks like yours is. Go buy a new container with smooth sides and they wont be able to.

Clear packing tape works well, until you go to clean the container and you need to retape it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom