How long do you keep Dubia Roach Colony

Status
Not open for further replies.

haildc1

Looking at replacing Crickets with Dubia and I see many start a Roach Colony. Our girl is about 5 months old so she is eating a lot right now. What do you do with the colony when the Dragons get to around 18 months and is eating much more greens then live protein. I would assume you don't need a colony anymore.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can keep the colony going. Maybe bring the temps down to room temp by removing the heat source so they don't breed as quickly. You can also give away some of them as the colony grows if you have people in the area who want them. I've given some to my vet to help rebuild her colony. Your dragon won't stop eating them completely though so she'll always have use for a colony to an extent.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
You can sell them (online, Craigslist, classified page here) if you get over populated. You can also control the population by culling out the males/adults. Mine also help dispose of produce and veggie scraps in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom