...crickets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derz13

My beardie just turned 5months and has now moved on to larger crickets which I just bought today....

NEVER AGAIN!!!...

At least until I can figure something else out....I will pay the extra to just get double the amount in small crickets.

How does anyone deal with the chirping of the crickets?!? I thought it was kind of soothing at first but they don't shut up, I can't be the only one who gets that?!?

Sorry Benjii!! We are going back to silkworms, reptiworms and smalll crickets. !

Sincerely,
Annoyed momma

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you in an area that allows dubia roaches? They are much easier to care for, are heartier, don't stink, and don't make noise while providing a self sustaining staple feeder source.

Derz13

Original Poster
I wish!! I live in Florida! No Dubia roaches allowed. And discoid roaches are nearly impossible to find here

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Bummer. The discoids are usually my second choice for people in Florida too. Another thing you may be able to try with the crickets is to cool them down (hard to do in Florida I'm sure). I found that they are quieter in my basement when the temps drop down. If you have a room/area that you can keep in the low to mid 60s it may quiet them down quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom