Black Soldier Flies

Status
Not open for further replies.

onceblue

Hatchling Member
My worms are all grown up.

Any tips for feeding these in a way that won't lead to them escaping in my house? I think it would be fun/stimulating for my beardie to catch some but I don't want to accidentally set them free in the house.

onceblue

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I can and would, but I'm worried about them flying out when I go to put them in or retrieve them...I was hoping there were some tricks I could use for that as I have never fed flies before!

premammalian

Hatchling Member
These flies are very slow and easy to catch. Just hold one, and the dragon will take it before it flies too much. I've lost some with this way, but most got eaten.

onceblue

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much! I hadn't messed with them too much specifically because I was worried about escapees, so I am glad to hear they're slow. One or two escapees wouldn't be too bad, I just don't want to have a swarm and my husband would not be happy if any of my insects started breeding out of containment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom