What to do with extra dubia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KendraA

Hatchling Member
Curious if folks have creative ideas of how to unload extra dubia. My colony is producing more than I need for my one adult beardie, and posts on local Craigstlist to sell off extras don't seem to be getting any bites. Anyone else come across this situation?

Dragonses

Another beardie?? I mean if you can afford the setup. You obviously can feed them with no extra cost, if you have the room and the cash I think it'd be a great idea to get another :] but I have two cats and two beardies and I'm known for spontaneous animals adopting so take my word with a grain of salt. Another option would be to contact other breeders that are close to where you live and see if you can provide for them?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you have a reptile vet in the area they may have use for some feeders. My colony has been growing at an insane rate over the summer so I'm just going to get them a bigger tank (moving from 20g to 20g long) for now.

KendraA

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dragonses, it would be so fun to get another beardie! But I think Wallace would be jealous as he currently has free run of the house and is used to constant attention. Cooperdragon, I never thought of seeing if a vet would be able to use them. If I could trade them for medical care that would be amazing, though probably a long shot! Will inquire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom