isopods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucks121

isopods are found everywhere outside im aware your not suppose to feed your beardie outside bugs do to parasites or any chemicals they could have gotten but what im wondering is if you caught a few and they reproduced could you then get rid of the starters that you caught and then have a clean colony to feed once they grow? basically im limited to what insects i can feed

pet store usually only has crickets,superworms,hornworms
hornworms being 2 bucks each i usually only get a couple for a treat when im at the petstore
superworms i order them by the 1000 and get them shipped to my house they are used as my beardies staple atm
crickets i usually pick up 100 from time to time to change the insect up for a few days

ofc she eats greens and other veggies not as much as id like but some

basically im just looking for something to feed her now and then to get a better variety
im Canadian so roaches are a basic no and other bugs are super expensive online

i looked around and havent seen much about isopods i know they are rather easy to colonize and grow quickly

just dont wanna feed anything harmful

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
You'd want to breed them for sure, they can accumulate heavy metals like lead which isn't great for your dragon. You can buy some species as cultures already as well. They can be a good addition to variety, but I havnt seen any nutritonal analysis for them for how often they ought to be included. Being crustations they have excelent calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom