Crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrScales

:banghead:
I have two cats and a beardie among my pets, two very curious cats. I had just got home from petco today with a bag of about thirty crickets. I left the beg in the cricket carrier for me to put them into later. We went out for a while and when I came back, the box had moved, but the bag was fine, so I thought I could leave it there. Now just a few minutes a go, I went back in after posting a thing about lizard poops (my lizard had just crapped and it smelled horrible so that's why I was waiting to feed him --- I was gonna clean it when it stopped smelling so freaking bad.) and guess what was torn open with nothing in it. At all. Not even that little egg thing they sleep in.

What I'm trying to ask is
is there any way that I can lure them into a container or something so i can feed them to him??? I'm guessing my cats ate most of them (friggin cats) but I don't just want some crickets hopping and sh*tting all over my room, turning it into a freaking breeding ground. I have a guinea pig as well, and with her crapping tons, like a guinea pig does, all the crickets are probably gonna go in there and start breeding and stuff.... help.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] for any questions and responses.
Thanks, Josh.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Josh, I'll just answer here. The majority of those crickets probably all got away and are hiding somewhere now. If they were adult or near adult size and you had some males in there then you'll hear them singing every night. :) You may see them wandering around during the day, but since they're nocturnal they will be active at night. They can't breed in your house....they need soil to lay their eggs in or something similar that will stay damp but not moldy and steady temp. of about at least 80+ degrees. They don't live too long , about 2 months or so , but will probably die before then.

DrScales

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply! (It turns out I do get notifications so its cool that you reply here)
So do you think that the guinea pig thing's gonna be a problem? I use like a wood chip kind of bedding for her and, you know, she pees and defecates so the stuff is kind of moist... Will I still be fine?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't think they'll go in there, or that eggs could hatch in there. The cricket eggs take about 2 weeks to hatch anyway so even if they had the right substrate to incubate the eggs you'll probably change it + toss it out before 2 weeks go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom