How to keep feeder dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about keeping just the feeder dubias. I just recently started breeding dubias a few months ago, and I'm finding it's time to sort. Do I need another 40 gallon tote to sort, or can I keep the feeders in like a shoebox sized container with greens and of course their chow and water crystals? This is my first colony, and I hate disturbing them every day to remove feeders to feed my beardie. Thanks in advance! Space is kind of precious, and finding a place to keep another 40 gallon tote presents a bit of a problem unless I bring it upstairs which concerns me that my children would be all up in the breeder roach bin. lol They love the roaches, and they want to "pet them" every chance they get :lol:

SukiLove

Juvie Member
I use a 20 gallon tote for my feeders, I think you could probably get away with a tall 10 gallon one as well, I just opted for more space. :D

CajunCritterQueen

Original Poster
Yeah I think I'll just go get a 20 gallon in a bit. I wasn't sure if I wanted to put some egg crates in there since I don't have many left. I was thinking putting just greens in there for them would probably be a bad idea since that would get expensive since I'd have to change it every days to prevent mold. I'll just suck it up and order some egg crates lol

CajunCritterQueen

Original Poster
SukiLove":3f0wzgmf said:
I use paper towel rolls and toilet paper rolls too. :D

Oh great idea!!!! I have tons of tp rolls because I breed rabbits (they make great toys stuffed with hay), and goodness knows we go through a ton of paper towels because I have 5 kids and the beardie goes through paper towels also! Great idea! Thanks for that idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom