Questions about Dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm looking to breed Dubia
I have a few now to feed but I want to get a colony.

Where is the best and cheapest place to get a colony?

Also what kind of setup would work? I currently have a 10 gallon with egg cartons and a heating pad(the under tank stick on kind), and a screen lid.
I'm interested in some sort of sorting system, so that I don't accidentally feed the breeding adults. What would work best for this?

SukiLove

Juvie Member
For starter colony prices you could shop around and compare pricing based on how large a colony you want to start. Keep in mind that it will take a good couple of months before they are established enough for you to get your feeders from them. I've had mine since the beginning of July, and have no plans on taking from it before September.

For sorting, some people use plastic shoeboxes and drill holes into the sizes they want to sort. Then start by sorting smallest to larger, as the small ones will fit through the larger holes. :lol:

Your setup sounds good for a small colony! I would just make sure that the egg cartons do not reach all the way to the top. While it's true they can't climb the glass, it doesn't mean they can't climb out if your cartons are tall enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom